At Hello Vet, our goal is to ensure that your beloved pet stays by your side for as many years as possible. That’s why we take a proactive approach to their health and wellness through comprehensive preventive care. Our comprehensive wellness and preventative care program includes regular check-ups, important vaccinations, parasite control, and annual blood panels.
Why is preventive care important?
- Pets age 7 times faster than humans, so annual exams and testing is like a human getting a physical every 7 years.
- Preventative care monitors overall health helps to identify potential issues early on and take proactive steps to maintain their optimal health
- It gives us the tools to keep your pet in top shape for years to come giving you more cherished moments and adventures with your best friend by your side.
What does a wellness exam involve?
- Thorough physical examination of your pet
- Assessment of weight, skin, eyes, ears, and coat
- Check of heart, lungs, mouth, teeth, and gums
- If any health concerns are identified, our veterinarians will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Annual Wellness and Preventative Care also includes:
- Prevent potentially life-threatening diseases
- Our team will recommend a vaccine schedule based on your pet’s age, lifestyle, and overall health.
- Protects your pet from harmful organisms that can cause serious health problems
- Intestinal parasite screening detects intestinal parasites, such as roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms, which can affect the health of your pet and also pose a risk to humans.
- Heartworm testing is a diagnostic test used to determine if a pet is infected with heartworms. Heartworm disease can cause serious heart and lung problems in infected pets. Prompt treatment is crucial for the pet’s health and well-being.
- Regular screening for these parasites is important to keep your pet healthy and free from unwanted pests.
For more information on Parasite Screening & Prevention, Click here!
- Annual bloodwork can help detect underlying health problems in their early stages
- Allows for prompt treatment and management of any issues found
FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus) and FELV (Feline Leukemia Virus) Testing (for cats):
- These viruses can severely impact a cat’s immune system, making them more susceptible to other diseases and infections.
- Early detection and treatment of these viruses crucial for overall health and well-being
At Hello Vet, we are committed to providing the best care for your pet and helping you make informed decisions about their health. If you have any questions about wellness care or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We’re here to help ensure your pet stays happy, healthy, and ready for all the adventures life has to offer!